Featuring innovative material construction technologies for water and wind proofing as well as thermal insulation, the Equinox OUTDRY is a fully featured road riding glove that is packed with protection and reinforcements for high levels of comfort, protection and performance.
- Multi-panel main chassis consisting of stretch polyamide fabric and softshell on the backhand, with leather on palm and thumb.
- Features an innovative heat-bonded outer shell membrane construction OUTDRY, which provides an impenetrable layer with no seams, preventing water collecting between layers for lighter, improved fit and greater dexterity and comfort.
- Ergonomic stretch insert between thumb and palm offers flexibility to vastly improve hand movement.
- Primaloft 100g and 80gr insulation for excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. The material’s advanced ultra-light fibers trap heat while insulating from cold and are water-resistant for improved thermal performance.
- Stretch accordion inserts on finger tips to increase flexibility and fit, reducing rider fatigue.
- Touch screen compatible fingertips for use GPS/smartphones.
- Convenient integrated visor wipe for cleaning eyewear.
- Long, gauntlet cuff construction with Hook and loop grip closure helps seal out elements and provides additional coverage.
- Reflective print to increase rider visibility.
- Synthetic suede reinforcements with foam padding on the palm and outer hand landing zone to provide abrasion resistance on key impact zones.
- PU-coated reinforcements on palm and thumb provides superior grip on bike’s controls.
- Excellent impact performance offered by an advanced over-molded polymer knuckle protector for class-leading protection.
- Alpinestars’ patented third and fourth finger bridge prevents seam failure and finger separation in the event of a slide.
- The Equinox Outdry glove is CE certified level 1.
An affordable, lightweight and waterproof autumn-winter glove designed to bear the brunt of weather that post-summer has to offer for the motorcyclist that rides all year round. Good thermal insulation and great knuckle protection. Available in black only but in our view you don’t need a range of colours, one is enough and it looks great.
They take a few weeks to break in but soon become supple. They are designed for the cooler months and we were more than happy with the comfort and warmth they provided us during the autumn months in the UK.
The stitching and build quality is very good and it feels like a premium product as soon as you put it on, with a textile back and leather palm plus a rain wiper rubber to aid rain repellent from the visor.
We found the fitment to be small, you should order a size up but if in any doubt, go and try a pair in your local bike dealer.
Stylish, subtle and understated, we love ’em!
Current GBP price varies from £80 to £129.99 in the UK which offers really good value.
Courtesy of Alpinestars.com