Coventry Eagle History

Originally a bicycle manufacturer, Coventry Eagle built a diverse range of machines using proprietary engines, mainly those of J A Prestwich, from 1901 to 1939. A landmark development for the company was the introduction in 1927 of a two-stroke lightweight featuring a novel pressed-steel frame, and this method of construction spread to larger models the following year, remaining a characteristic of the marque until it ceased motorcycle production in 1939. Another introduction of significance was the ‘Silent Superb’ range of luxury two-stroke lightweights, which commenced in 1931.

Although Coventry Eagle manufactured its own small-capacity two-stroke engines, the majority of its ‘strokers’ used Villiers power.