DMW Motorcycles

After a tentative start in the late 1930s, Dawson’s Motors Wolverhampton (DMW) commenced production of a range of Villiers-powered lightweights in 1950. The firm built its first competition (trials) models in 1952 and introduced a scrambler a couple of years later. Believed of 197cc engine capacity (there was also a 125cc version) the machine offered here is a De Luxe model dating from the early 1950s, featuring a frame made from square-section tubing, plunger rear suspension and Metal Profiles front fork.