Long overdue update on our resident long term project, apologies for the continued silence!
The project is on-going but completion is just a matter of weeks away, as is the MOT, which we plan to film and release on our classic bike YouTube channel, subscribe now for updates!
As with any unique project, you are always faced with fresh challenges and this was no exception! The rear caliper has finally been mounted with a specially manufactured bracket, choke cable has been routed and mounted again with a special bracket, window engine covers installed (both sides), twin headlight installed, wiring completed, rear tail tidy installed. Sadly we had to ditch the mid fairing panels as they were fouling the engine but we like the exposed engine look as we’re not too bothered about that.
We also binned the crap exhaust GSX-R exhaust hanger and replaced with a carbon version, saving a few grams! Standard R1 hugger bolted straight onto the rear swingarm with no mods and we added a Yoshimura metal badge to our silencer because we thought it would look cool!
Wheels have been sprayed white, which now just need lacquering to finish.
In the past few days we have commenced the paint work, first applying the primer, then the white and finally the two shades of blue coat on top, choosing the decals and then applying the lacquer to seal everything and give the paint a shiny coat.
Some B1H ZX-6R rearsets have been added too, a last-minute addition recently from our local friendly bike breakers near Peterborough.
Still waiting for the seat to come back from the upholsters, all the good ones have a waiting list of 2-3 months and we left this a little late so might but a plain one to get us through the MOT.
We’ll be in touch again shortly with a final update and pictures, in the meantime we have added a few more images of the progress made…