After investing a few quid in a tin of grey primer I set to work getting shot of the gloss black paint that had metal flake sparkles added! If only I’d bought a roll of masking tape I thought after I’d started spraying. The paint was going on pretty well, even more amazing when you realise I did very little ( like nothing) in the way of prep work. After ten minutes I stood back to admire my work, let’s just say that I’m easily pleased.
After a few weeks the tank was getting on my tits, it already had a dodgy finish before I’d gone at it. I had the remains of an earlier RRT model Fireblade in my garage, and decided to pinch the tank from that. Despite loads of differences between the RRT/RRV model and my RRW version, the tank is exactly the same.
So on it went, having sprayed my original cap in primer I kept the RRT cap and key, another Honda key popped on my keyring.
I’ve been riding the Blade on a regular basis, and I am chuffed with how it rides.
It’s giving me around 100 miles in return for every tenner of unleaded that I pump its way, it’s a silly superstition of mine that if I fill the tank to the top the bike will then breakdown, no idea where this stupid idea stems from, so maybe I might go crazy next time and neck it!
Nothings fallen off, well not that I’m aware of, other than the fairing panels that I ditched the day that I bought the bike.
Other than a squirt of chain lube it’s been a fuss free month or so of budget biking.
I’m looking forward to more of the same.