OK – the ‘Supreme’ came later – was founded by bicycle manufacturer Humphries & Dawes of Birmingham. The company experimented with powered two-wheelers in the early years of the 20th Century before exhibiting a Precision-engined three-model range in 1911. Charles Dawes and Ernie Humphries split in 1926, the latter continuing motorcycle production using the name ‘OK-Supreme’. The firm had first entered the Isle of Man TT in 1912 but had to wait for its finest hour until 1928 when OK-Supremes filled four of the top six positions in the Lightweight race, Frank Longman scoring the marque’s solitary TT victory. The majority of OK’s 1930s range was JAP-powered, the exception being the overhead-camshaft models which used the inclined ‘lighthouse’ engine at first and a more conventional design from 1935. With the coming of war the company’s Warwick Road factory was sold and when hostilities ended Ernie Humphries turned to the manufacture of motorcycle accessories under the Hughes Motor Fitments banner. With the exception of a small batch of grass-track racers made in 1946, there were no more OK-Supreme motorcycles.