Sun started life as a cycle manufacturer and built its first motorcycle prior to WWI. Motorcycle production ceased at the end of 1933, resumed briefly in 1940 and then recommenced properly in 1946 with an autocycle. The firm concentrated on Villiers-powered lightweights and first introduced its ‘Motorcycle’ (there appears to have been no specific model name at this time) in 1949. The Wasp Twin (also marketed as the ‘Overlander’) was a new introduction for 1957 and deployed the Villiers 2T engine in a frame, similar to that of the existing single-cylinder Wasp model, equipped with Armstrong leading-link forks.
Production of Sun motorcycles ceased in 1959.