New – The Beginner’s Guide to Classic Motorcycle Restoration – YOUR step-by-step guide to setting up a workshop, choosing a project, dismantling , sourcing parts, renovating & rebuilding classic bikes.
- Based on real life restorations carried out by the author
- Aimed at the beginner, but with much advice even experts will appreciate
- Advice on project choice & the preparation process
- Step-by-step guidance with hundreds of photographs
- Dismantling, restoring & sourcing parts, rebuilding
- Recommendations on repairs, renovations & parts replacements
- Special tools, their purchase, use & alternatives
- Restoring mechanical parts like engine, gearbox, brakes & electrics
- Tackling bodywork: spraying, polishing, seat re-covering, decals, forks & tyres
- How to save yourself time and money
In this book, seasoned motorcycle restorer Ricky Burns takes you through each of the stages of a real-life restoration. Aimed at the total beginner but suitable for enthusiasts of all abilities, the reader is taken through each step in detail and taught the techniques, tricks and tips used by experts. From choosing a project, setting up a workshop, and preparing a bike, to sourcing parts, dismantling, restoring and renovating, this book is the perfect guide for the classic motorcycle restorer.
The 1970s and 1980s were wonderful eras for the motorcycle, with their assortment of crazy two-strokes, and the first multi-cylinder superbikes coming thick and fast from Japan. It was a time of fast-paced engineering advances, and a time in motorcycle history that is unlikely ever to be repeated. Yet the then-over budget motorcycles that we longed for, are now available within budget … and just waiting to be restored.
This book will guide you, in detail, through every stage of classic motorcycle restoration. From sourcing a bike, to outlining each of the techniques, tips and tricks used by experts, this guide will save you time, money, and – best of all – show you that you don’t need expert knowledge or a fully-fitted workshop to restore your dream bike.
Packed full of photographs, and with detailed instructions, this book is the perfect companion for any classic motorcycle restorer.
Appropriate for all makes and models of motorcycle, from late 1960s to early 1980s.
ISBN – 978-1-845846-44-2
£30, available from veloce.co.uk.
Well-illustrated and easy-to-read. A must read before undertaking any classic bike restoration. Some great tips and cheats!